Over our journey of 15 years, Rivlife Community Centre has become synonymous with Reaching, Resourcing and Rerforming marginalised communities in KwaZulu-Natal. We are a group of people who are passionate about seeing the love of God radically transform the lives of others. This means working with all sectors of the government, businesses, and community workers on the ground to ensure the holistic development of families day by day.
Our programmes are run by a team of individuals who are well acquainted with the contextual factors affecting the community we deal with each day. They work to strategically implement our initiatives with vulnerable groups in our region (women and children, the unemployed, persons with disabilities and those who are infected/affected by HIV and AIDS). We are always welcoming individuals who are equally passionate about playing a key role in social upliftment. Our volunteer programme allows candidates the opportunity to work with the community daily and provide care for individuals who desperately require a touch from God.
It is a structured programme that requires individuals who are passionate about building communities, available and ready to invest in others and committed to the call of helping others.
If you meet the following criteria send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form:
- You are 18 years or older.
- Available for a minimum of 4 hours a week (Monday-Friday).
- Have experience in community development (would be advantageous)
Please note that this is not a paid position, however, there are several advantages to becoming a Rivlife Volunteer:
- Networking with businesses, government, and other key levels of community
- Learn indigenous knowledge about the region
- Gain experience working with people
- Skills development in child care, social work, community development and administration